Monday, July 7, 2014

BareMinerals Bareskin Foundation


After hearing all they hype and watching a few videos I have to say I was skeptical about this foundation. Finally I made a trip to Ulta and decided to try it. When it comes to foundation I'm picky to say the least. I have very dry skin and alot of redness to cover up on my cheeks, chin and nose. I tend to go for a medium to full coverage foundation and honestly couldn't see how I was going to get those results from a foundation that has the consistency slightly thicker than water but I tried it anyway. The employee that color matched me at Ulta used the BareMinerals brush that you are supposed to use and I just wasn't happy with the results. It was streaky and blotchy although the 03 Bare Linen was a perfect match for me. I wore the foundation all that day after playing with it, trying to blend it a bit more, and was happy enough to go back the next day to buy it and try it on my own.

I didn't purchase the brush but instead wanted to try it with my trusty Sigma F80. It was flawless! BareMinerals advertises this foundation to be a sheer coverage with 1-2 drops, a medium coverage with 3-4 drops and a full coverage with 5-6 drops. I found the key to this foundation is less is more and blend like you've never blended before. You really have to work this stuff into your skin. For me, I start with 2 drops on my finger and dotted it on half of my face then blended it in. Then another 2 drops for the other half and 1 drop for my forehead. This gives me a medium to full coverage although I do take another drop and dot it over the majority of my redness and blend this layer by pressing it in instead of buffing it all over because it moves the layer underneath. 




This foundation comes in a 1 oz. plastic dropper bottle, that I absolutely love, has a broad spectrum 20 SPF, is serum based and retails for $29. It is water, oil, silicone, paraben and fragrance free which is great for sensitive skin like mine. It claims to be a tone correcting foundation and skincare in one, giving you a brighter more youthful appearance. I can say it does even out your skin tone leaving it looking very natural almost like your not even wearing makeup. After wearing it for about 3 weeks now I haven't noticed any brightening or changes in my skin when I'm not wearing it. It does leave your skin with a dewy finish which I don't mind considering how dry my skin is but if you have combo skin you may want to set it with a powder and I wouldn't really recommend this for oily skin types. I haven't noticed any clinging to dry patches and it lasts all day for me. I do set all my makeup with a setting spray for a little extra insurance.




This is the 03 Bare Linen shade which is the 3rd lightest shade in the collection. There are 20 different shades, so finding the perfect shade shouldn't be a problem for just about anyone. I would suggest going to a retailer and getting matched though. I have light skin with yellow undertones and this one works perfectly for me. Normally I wear MAC NC20, Urban Decay Naked Skin in 2.0 and Philosophy Hope in a Jar foundation in Shade 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected