Thursday, July 17, 2014

July 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag



YAY!! My July 2014 ipsy glam bag is here. If you aren’t familiar, ipsy is $10/month and sends its members a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Ipsy bills on the 1st of the month and usually ships from NC around the 10th of the month. Since I'm in NC I got mine in about 2 days.


The July 2014 ipsy glam theme is “Sensationally Sunkissed”. They don’t include a true information card with your products listed on it like some of the other boxes do. That information can all be found in your account. Ipsy sends out bag variations, via “ipsymatch”, which is based on the preferences you enter when you take the ipsy quiz. There were 21 different products this month and I believe each bag got 5 products. Here’s what was included:
~The Ipsy Bag: It's cute with a "leather" feel too it but nothing really special about it.

~BareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Cream Shadow (Divine Wine)($18): I was kind of scared of this color when I first opened it up but after wearing it, it's great. It's a bit darker than a milk chocolate color with the tiniest bit of shimmer. It blends out beautifully and does not budge all day without primer.

~Pixi Tinted Brillance Balm (Pretty Pink)($14): I love the way this feels on my lips! It has a very slight peppermint scent but is super moisturizing. The color is a bit too pink for me and the longer you wear it, it keeps getting pinker so this will be going to my niece.

~POP Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer (Secret Sunshine)($10): This was the only full sized product in this months glam bag. The color is great, especially if you have fair skin, but it does have shimmer in it which I don't tend to gravitate toward. It would be a nice all-over bronzer but I would stay away from it for contouring.

~SexyHair Soy Renewal Beach Spray w/Argon Oil ($19.95): I have short naturally wavy hair and this works great for keeping my waves looking good all day. I love that it has Argon Oil in it to help maintain my frizz. I have to use it on damp hair though because I tried on my dry hair and it just made it feel dirty.

~Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil SPF 8 ($11.99): This was my least favorite product out of the entire glam bag simply because I don't tan. It does smell good though. :)

After totaling everything up (deluxe samples at 1/3 cost), I came up with a value of $31.32 for the July 2014 ipsy glam bag. Not bad for a for 5 new products to try and a free makeup bag. Even though I didn't love all of the products, it's still totally worth $10 a month for me.
Did you get this month's Ipsy Glam Bag? I'd love to know what you got and what you thought of it! If you're interested in subscribing or learning more about the Glam Bag, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected